Home Base: Grand Junction, CO
Athlete Page: Adam Feigh
I'm a Professional Triathlete living and training out of Grand Junction, CO focusing on the Full distance and any other crazy endurance events that pop up on the calendar. When not training intense-long hours, I enjoy spending time with my family which consists of my wife Rebekah, our daughter Charleigh, and two dogs Hercules and Riley. I also pick up shifts working as an Operating Room Nurse at the local trauma center which adds some spice to my non-training time.
I began triathlon back in 2011 solidly in the middle of the pack in a sprint distance triathlon at the University of South Carolina, my alma mater. Every year has seen growth since then, eventually leading to racing Professionally starting in 2016. My best results so far include top-5 performances at Eagleman 70.3, IRONMAN Chattanooga, and IRONMAN Wisconsin while maintaining working as a full-time travel nurse around the country. I now am able to focus on training without full-time work demands, and am excited for the opportunities that the return to racing will bring in 2021 and beyond! What I lack in natural talent I've made up for with a relentless work ethic and doing the small things right for years and years. And it helps that I absolutely love Swim, Bike, and Run!
3rd Eagleman 70.3 2019
4th IRONMAN Wisconsin 2019
5th IRONMAN Chattanooga 2019
5th IRONMAN Lake Placid 2021
Q & A
- What's on your bucket list? Crossing that IRONMAN finish line in first breaking the banner!
- Favorite workout? Those long, hard days on the bike and run. Getting out and seeing the amazing outdoors, nailing the effort, and end the session feeling stronger for it.
- Most embarrassing moment? Accidentally pulling down my entire tri suit during T1 of a local race! (no changing tents, in the wide open)
- Best book you've read recently? "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer
- Songs on my power playlist? "Lose Yourself" by Eminem, "The Distance" by Cake, "The Pretender" by Foo Fighters
Why Speed Hound?
"Because they make sure to not only take care of my athletic recovery with their Pro Performance Recovery system, but treat me like family ever since meeting the team. They care about all of my endeavors inside and outside of sport, and do whatever they can to assist me where they can. Especially when it comes to recovering between training sessions!"